A new book from Luke 10
Dan interviews John White co-founder and director of Luke 10 which trains and resources simple churches world-wide. This is the second interview with John (the first was in July of 2017) and centers on the release of the book, Joy Fueled: Catalyzing a Revolution of Joyful Communities.
Mentioned in this episode:
- Luke 10 Communities
- Life Model Works
- The Spontaneous Expansion of the Church by Roland Allen
- Church 101 training for relational communities
- Mark Virkler and hearing the voice of God
- The Other Half of Church by Jim Wilder
- Stories if the Revolution (John’s podcast)
- The Wisdom of Your Heart by Marc Alan Schelske
We cannot follow…
My reason for suggesting “ecclesia” to describe the community of Christ-followers is because of its first century meaning. It was understood to be a representative body of a particular state, essentially a group called out to assemble for the business of the city. It was understood to describe an assembly with specific goals and qualities. The most important feature, though, was its separateness.
The entire piece is located at www.danmayhew.net.