"The number one self-medication in the US today for discomfort around emotions is religion."
So says Marc Schelske, pastor and author of The Wisdom of Your Heart — Discovering the God-Given Purpose and Power of Your Emotions. In this interview, Marc explains the value of our emotions when we discover that God is able to use them to bring us to maturity and to understand His will. The concept of ‘useful emotions’ is valuable for small-group church life where emotions are not easily hidden or avoided. Those who have been in relational church settings know the awkward silences and the squirming in place when things get “emotional.” This spirited discussion encourages small-group fellowships to loosen up and listen to the wisdom of your heart.
This podcast is a part of a longer interview. In the other half, Marc talks about his publishing experience. If you are interested in self-publishing and marketing, look for that discussion at our sister podcast, Read Between the Worlds .
Mentioned in this Episode:
- Bridge City Community Church
- Apprenticeship Lab
- The Wisdom of Your Heart by Marc Alan Schelske
- SASHET a podcast with John White or Luke 10
- Resources for using the book for group study
Latest posts by Summiteer (see all)
- House Church in Germany: An Interview with Bob Lidfors - April 17, 2018
- The Joy and Sorrow of Being Church - April 2, 2018
- Interview with Toni Daniels - March 24, 2018