We like to keep everyone in the same conversation while we eat. It doesn’t always work out, but we do our best. One way to focus the conversation is to be ready with a question to put to the group. This is just friends around the table, so we keep it light—no heavy theology, cultural issues or deep problems. We use questions like these:
- If your life last week was a movie, what would the title be?
- What is your favorite Christian song? Why?
- What is the last movie that made you laugh? Cry?
- Which fruit of the Spirit has the Lord been cultivating in your life?
- Who inspires your spiritual walk/journey?
- What has surprised you about your Christian walk so far?
- Do you have a promise from scripture that hasn’t been fulfilled?