Some Important Values
The work of a discipleship community is to…
- Live among the lost.
- Practice the “one anothers” of scripture. “Love each other with genuine affection.”
- Encourage all believers to minister. “A spiritual gift is given to each of us [to help] the entire church.” Befriend strangers.
- Be the Lord’s HAND. Seek Homes Available for Neighborhood Discipleship
- Do the commands of Christ. “Teach them to do all that I commanded you.”
- Be the Lord’s ARMS. Be an Authentically Relational Missional Servant
- Minister in mercy. “God’s will be done on earth as it is in heaven.”
- Beget and serve “daughter” churches. Be the Lord’s LEGS. Plant Locally Established Gatherings of Saints.
- Teaching New Disciples To Obey Jesus’ Commands In Love (Mt 28:18-20)
- Repent, believe and receive the Holy Spirit: (let God begin the eternal process of transformation) Mark 1:15; John 20:22
- Be baptized and live the new, holy life in Christ: baptize bad folks who repent–don’t delay it; let God’s grace flow! Matt. 28:19-20; Romans 6:1-4
- Celebrate the Lord’s Supper: cultivate deep fellowship with God (confess sins first) and fellow believers. Matt. 26:26-28
- Love: God, fellow disciples (loving ‘body life’ in church), family, enemies (forgive), needy neighbor (mercy ministry). Luke 10:25-37; Matt. 6:14
- Pray daily: cultivate personal and family devotional life, listen to God’s voice, live by faith. Matt. 6:19-21; Luke 11:9.
- Give generously of all that God has entrusted to you (time, talent and treasure). Matt. 6:19-21; Luke 6:38.
- Make disciples: witness for Jesus, teach and apply the Word, train (model for others) to serve and lead. Matt. 28:18-19; Luke 24:46-48; 2 Tim. 2:2